Wingssail Home Wingssail Images LogBookPages Map of our travels Index Email Fred & Judy

Monday, September 05, 2011

September 6, 2011-This Morning the Fog Rolled In


wingssail images-fredrick roswold
Wings in the Zululand Fog

This morning I woke to find that for the first time since we’ve been in Africa a heavy fog had rolled into Zululand.

The air was still and damp and thick with the fog and the boats in the marina and the trees ashore were just grey silhouettes.

It reminded me of Seattle or the California or Oregon coasts and it felt like home.

I loved it.

I filled a cup with hot Zanzibar and grabbed the Nikon and went out for a walk in the fog.

The boatyard was silent, the guard asleep, and even the birds had their heads tucked under their wings. My feet crunched in the pine needles but otherwise there wasn’t a sound.

I didn’t find a lot to shoot but I enjoyed my little walkabout. I got back to Wings and Judy was still snug in her bed. I made another pot of coffee.

At 11:00 AM the sun burned off the fog and then the day was still and warm.

By mid afternoon a sea breeze came up and the flags were flying.

We haven’t had weather here like this before.

Africa continues to surprise us.

Click here to see my other shots.

Fred & Judy, SV Wings, Richards Bay, South Africa

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NEXT Page (More) , or... GO BACK to Previous Page
#